Until recently when I wanted to block out the noise of our open-plan office I listened to music, then I discovered the joys of podcasts - what are podcasts? I think of them as on-demand topic-specific talk radio. Currently I subscribe to 17 podcasts - most of them are weekly some are fortnightly, most of them are technology related (read geeky), the exception that would be known to some fountain pen users is The Pen Addict podcast.
My current podcast listening list includes:
- The Pen Addict - a weekly pen and analog tools discussion - 5by5 Network - Brad Dowdy & Myke Hurley.
- ATP (Accidental Tech Podcast) - wide ranging, but most Apple tech related - John Siracusa, Marco Arment, Casey Liss.
- The Critical Path - analysis of current tech companies and happening in the industries - 5by5 Network - Horace Dediu & Moisés Chiullan.
- The Talk Show - John and tech related guest most weeks - Mule Radio Network - John Gruber
- Pragmatic - The practical application of technology, he really gets below the surface of things. John is a fellow Queenslander who only lives about 50km from me. - Fiat Lux - John Chidgey & Ben Alexander
- Mac Power Users - focused on getting the most from your Apple technology with focused topics and workflow guests - 5by5 Network - David Sparks & Katie Floyd.
- Debug - guest interview show about developing software and services, primarily for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and gaming - Guy English & Rene Ritchie.
- Reckoner - Australian technology culture news of the week with a rotating cast of hosts.
- Systematic - A weekly discussion about creativity, productivity, work, and everything Mac and iOS. - 5by5 Network - Brett Terpsta
- Back to Work - discussion of productivity, communication, work, barriers, constraints, and tools - 5by5 Network - Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
- CMD+Space - interview show that puts a spotlight on the people behind awesome projects - 5by5 Network - Myke Hurley.
- Mikes on Mics - weekly discussion hosted by Michael Schechter of Workflowing.net and Mike Vardy of Productivityist.com that examines productivity, workflows, technology, and how you can "do" better - 5by5 Network.
- Technical Difficulties - a weekly podcast exploring the often perplexing and broken world of technology, design, and related disciplines - Gabe Weatherhead & Erik Hess.
- The Menu Bar - general tech talk and other chatter - Andrew J Clark & Zac Cichy
- Exponent - focused on tech and society - Ben Thompson and James Allworth
- Bionic - a weekly examination of absurdity, intrigue, British culture, and, from time-to-time, technology - 5by5 Network - Ben Alexander & Myke Hurley.
- IRL Talk - a weekly show that covers the most important things in life: pop culture, technology, movies, comics and TV - Faith Korpi & Jason Seife